Gem & Gem Identification
Teaches about nearly 50 types of Coloures Gems & how to identify them scientifically.
1. Gemology - an Introduction
2. Origin and Occurrence of Gemstones
3. Crystal Systems in Gemstones
4. Various species & varieties of Gemstones
5. Gems & Light
6. Refractive Index and It's Measurment
7. Polarioscope - It's Principle and Working
8. Pleochroism and Dichroscope
9. Specific Gravity and Gemstones
10. The Microscope and its working
11. Inclusions in Gems
12. Fluorescence and Gems
13. The Spectroscope and its working
14. Optical Phenomenon
(i) Chatoyancy (ii) Asterism (iii) Adlureseence
(iv) Play of colour (v) Irridescence (vi) Change of colour
15. Nature & Working of Gems & Jewellery Industry
16. Optic Figure
17. Miscellaneous Tests :-
(i) Chelsea filter (ii) Hot point test (iii) Streak Test etc
18. Gem Shapes & Cutting Styles
19. Various Gems & Their Identification
(i) Diamond (ii) Ruby (iii) Sapphire (iv) Emeralds
(v) Spinel (vi) Chrysoberyl (vi) Pearl, etc.
9.30 - 11.00 A.M.
3.30 - 5.00 P.M.
(Monday to Friday)
Rupees Nine Thousand Five Hundred Only (Rs. 9500/-)
To be paid after getting selected in the interview.
A pass at 10 + 2 & a General Interview
Number of Seats
16(Sixteen) seats are available in all
Medium of Instruction
Admission form should be completed & submitted at the office of the institute after which the applicant shall be informed of the exact date for the interview.
Prospectus & Admission
Rupees Sixty Only (Rs. 60/-) Form Fee
Next Date of Start
BACK TO HOME